The West-Eastern Divan Ensemble
After celebrating its 20th birthday with special anniversary concerts in 2019—and an unintentional break due to the corona pandemic last year— the West-Eastern Divan Orchestra finally returns to the Waldbühne Berlin on August 14, 2021: conducted by Daniel Barenboim in its traditional open-air concert, the orchestra will perform a program including Brahms’s Double Concerto for Violin and Cello, with soloists Michael Barenboim and Kian Soltani and works by Ludwig van Beethoven and César Franck.
PROTECTIVE & HYGIENE MEASURES
To ensure a memorable and safe concert experience, a set of hygiene and safety measures is in place at the Waldbühne Berlin:
• All tickets must be personalized during purchase.
• Upon entry, all visitors must present either a negative test result not older than 24 hours or proof of full vaccination or recovery.
• All visitors must wear a medical face mask that may be removed only when seated.
• Catering services are available prior to the concert, but food and beverages may only be consumed at your seat.
• Please note that no bulky items are allowed inside the Waldbühne and that bags and other luggage must not exceed DIN A4 size (21x30 cm). Non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the venue in a PET bottle with a maximum capacity of 0,5l.
You can find more detailed information on the procedure and safety measures on the website of the Waldbühne Berlin.
All information regarding the exchange of tickets purchased before July 20, 2021 into seat-exact tickets can be found on this page.
Concerto for Violin, Violoncello, and Orchestra in A minor Op. 102
Ludwig van Beethoven
Overture to the ballet Die Geschöpfe des Prometheus op. 43
Symphony in D minor FWV 48